Monday, December 24, 2012

Sidewalk Egg kinda Christmas Heat

And now you're probably wondering what the hell that title is about?
Simply. Its so hot right now that you could literally cook and egg on the tar outside.



Yesterday when we were travelling around, we noticed that it was 34 c outside. Which wasn't so bad if you moved incredibly slowly. Which we all did in the end as we decided that the gods were telling us, laying on our beds under air-con and watching TV while sipping juice was exactly how we should have spent our day. We of course never wanting to upset the higher authority did just that. Okay so our interpretation may have been a little off track but, life is what you make it,isn't that the general idea?

So today when waking up, I noticed that the sky looked a cooler shade of blue. If anyone's brain could and can talk absolute shit, its mine. A cooler shade of blue? That is about as logical as Charlie Sheen helping out Lindsay Lohan. We all know how that ended. So after a shower with a gheko ( he wouldn't get out the dam shower and well, I couldn't pick him up, so we came to an arrangement where he would stay in one corner while I showered while trying to avoid getting him wet) I decided to venture into the open space. A regret I am yet to forgive myself for. My godfather asked me to go to the shops with him, I casually picked up my sun glassed jumped in the car and off we went. 5 minutes later, I looked like I was running against Usain Bolt ( the Christmas shopping mall version ) where your prize is not a gold medal, but possibly a bottle of water..iced if you beat him by a long shot. Lets just say I had my war mask on and my battle rage was flaring by the time we got to the till. My godfather is a laugh through, he could see I was uncomfortable so he started making jokes with the people around us, and eventually got to the point where he decided to jump in the cool drinks freezer. Reminding me of when Arnold was the Ice Man.

Yes, my godfather jumped inside the cool drinks fridge in the middle of the shopping center  needless to say everyone was in tears as they were laughing so hard. I think everyone needed it, we were wall to wall people packed like a tin of sardines, between the mixture of split  broken items, over greased food, drunk people, and body odour,  at one point I was starting to resemble Patrick Bateman  except I wasn't quite doing this:



Close but not quite.

Well, I have cooled now, and Iv had a wonderful sandwich for lunch, and I think I am going to dip in the pool again. Maybe take a spritzer with me pool side and try not to turn into a burnt tomato.:-)

Have a Merry Christmas all and a Happy New Year.

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment